With several years of marketing experience developing creative visions and social media branding strategy, my experiences make a substantial contribution to the organizations I belong to. My career path has shown an impressive spectrum of responsibilities, having worked in marketing departments for the last few years. All accomplished under challenging circumstances.
I’m proactive, open-minded and well-versed in marketing communications, social media marketing, trade-marketing, brand management, community management, brand/content strategy, content creation and photography. I grow brands with the most cost-effective organic strategies and paid tactics I’ve learned over the years of experience in Social Media Marketing, but I also understand paid and can work with a media team to figure out the best way forward for my clients’ goals.
When I’m not on the job, I love playing volleyball, enjoying underground art shows and cooking fantastic burgers at home.
Community Manager // April 2021 – Present
▪ Client: Cadillac
Diamond Integrated Marketing
Associate Strategist // November 2018 – April 2021
▪ Led the content strategy of TD Insurance F’20 editorial calendars, content outlines and supported the social strategy of TD organic social while working tightly with creatives.
▪ Monitored paid social sentiment for 12 TD Canada line of businesses.
▪ Managed social media platforms, content creation and community management of cannabis brand clients Aphria, RIFF, Solei, @CO.LABCollective.
▪ Used digital research and social listening tools (Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, Meltwater, Sproutsocial, Sprinklr, Facebook Business Manager and Ad manager), data analytics (Domo) to generate insights and explore industries, brands, and audiences.
▪ Drove 40% more traffic in three days to the cannabis client’s brand awareness events through creating sponsored ads on Instagram and Facebook by using best in class tactics.
▪ Created the Community Management Strategy for Aphria cannabis brands.
▪ Collaborated in the pitch work, brand strategy, and social media planning for clients TD, McCormick, Overactive Media.
Freelance Social @yalinky
Social Media Manager / Content Creator // Jan 2018 – Present
▪ Creating Instagram content and strategy for brand clients
▪ Community Management and consultation
▪ Growing accounts organically with the most cost-effective tactics and strategies through proactive engagements and partnerships
Kash & Lana
Social Media Coordinator // June 2016 – Sept 2016
▪ Established and managed social media brand strategy and content calendar across multiple platforms to build brand awareness and drive traffic for an e-commerce fashion brand
▪ Created content for e-mail marketing, blog and social media posts by copywriting, photography and graphic design
▪ Managed Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages, sponsored posts/ads, daily monitoring, and follower engagement
TPVision (Philips TV) – Marketing Trainee
Hijyen Market – Junior Marketing Associate
Migros Retail – Marketing Intern
Yeditepe University – Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration
LaSalle College – AEC, Media Strategies and Advertising
George Brown College – College, Culinary Skills
- Language: Turkish (native), English (fluent)
- Software: Windows/Mac,HootSuite/Buffer/Later, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop,Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom), MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint,Outlook), WordPress, Facebook Blueprint, Brandwatch, Sproutsocial, Meltwater, Sprinklr,SEM Rush.
- Interests: Volleyball,martial arts, men’s fashion, photography, biking, running.