Community Management Strategy
Six months into the legalization of cannabis in Canada, Solei wanted to outline a strategy and specific action plans to build a relationship with their current audience to drive brand affinity and grow followers on social media.
- Breaking the stigma around cannabis stereotypes among our audience.
- Growing followers with legal restrictions.
Solei audience strive to lead a healthy, wellness-focused lifestyle.
WHAT I DID
- Manage the community
- Generate consumer insights
- Social listening
- Category audit
- Build relationship with the audience through reactive and proactive engagement
- Create content
- Community management reports weekly/monthly/quarterly
We found a shared interest between what the brand wants to talk about and what the consumer cares about: “The stresses of everyday life. We all have those days. We get it. We’re here to help you see things in a new light.”
We introduced four content pillars:
- Practical Needs – anxiety, sleep, stress
- Emotional Support – demonstrate support, long and rough day, Solei Unplug will help you etc.
- Product Education – strains and usage
- Sustainability– eco-friendly, energy efficient
Execute these pillars with:
- Warm voice
- Thoughtful personality
- Transparent, accessible and knowledgeable language
RESULTS (May ’19 – Sept ’19)
0.7% increase in Engagement Rate
11% increase in positive sentiment across all channels
120% increase in User Generated Content
70% increase in followers